Toyota Canada Inc. Records Best Year Ever
A strong December capped another record year for Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI), reporting its best sales year ever in 2018, with overall annual sales growth of 3.2% and 231,646 vehicles sold.
TCI’s Toyota division saw sales growth of 3.9% with a total of 207,535 units sold in 2018. The Lexus division reported its second-best sales year ever with 24,111 units sold, down 2.6% compared to 2017.
“We’d like to give a big shout out to our dealers and customers across Canada – without them, this fantastic year would not have been possible,” said Larry Hutchinson, President and CEO, TCI.
Strong December sales
In December, TCI’s overall sales were up 25.8% with 15,865 units sold. The company’s Toyota division reported sales of 14,153 units last month (up 28%) while Lexus division sales were up 10.1% with 1,712 units sold.
Hybrid sales continue to climb
TCI’s hybrid vehicle sales also continued to climb in 2018. With 23,909 Toyota and Lexus hybrid units sold, TCI reported its best year ever, up 17.9% compared to 2017. Hybrid vehicle sales represented 10.3% of TCI’s overall sales in 2018.
Looking forward to 2019
“Moving into 2019, I believe we have even more to look forward to,” Hutchinson added. “The launch of Lexus UX and all new models of the Toyota RAV4 and Toyota Corolla will highlight what should be another great year for Toyota Canada.”
Additional 2018 Sales Highlights:
- Overall TCI sales: 231,646 units (up 3.2% – best sales year ever)
- Hybrid vehicle sales: 23,909 units (up 17.9% – best sales year ever)
- Prius: up 51.6% – best sales year ever
- TCI Truck Sales: 145,054 units (up 6.2% – best sales year ever)
- Tacoma: up 11.4% – best sales year ever
- Tundra: up 24.3% – best sales year ever
- RAV4: up 8.8% – best sales year ever
- Lexus Truck Sales: 18,489 units (up 1.4% – best sales year ever)
- NX: up 6.1% – best sales year ever
TCI December Sales Highlights:
- Overall TCI sales: 15,865 units (up 25.8%)
- Hybrid vehicle sales: 1,663 units (up 51.9% – new December record)
- Toyota brand sales: 14,153 units (up 28%)
- Lexus brand sales: 1,712 units (up 10.1%)
- TCI car sales: 5,207 units (up 26.8%)
- Prius: up 88.8%
- Corolla: up 50%
- TCI truck sales: 10,658 units (up 25.3% – new December record)
- RAV4: up 60.6% – new December record
- Sienna: up 59% – new December record
- NX: up 72.1% – new December record