Toyota’s TRD Pro Lineup Showcases ‘Out of this World’ Colour for 2021
- New exclusive exterior colour for 2021 TRD Pro models
- 4Runner takes the spotlight with all-new LEDs
- 4Runner TRD Pro outfitted with new wheels and shocks
- Trail Special Editions on the horizon for this fall
With a striking new debut, TRD Pro models are carrying on the colour tradition with the introduction of Lunar Rock for 2021. Replacing Army Green in the TRD Pro colour pallet, Lunar Rock will turn heads as customers enjoy all the on and off-road features the lineup offers. First unveiled in 2015 in Canada, the Tundra TRD Pro was born from Toyota’s rich racing and off-road heritage. All TRD Pro vehicles offer unique styling, as well as highly capable, tried and tested performance off-road equipment, specifically tailored for when the pavement runs out.
4Runner Seen in a New Light
Some might say the eyes are the window to the soul, and the 2021 4Runner’s purpose and position has never been clearer with the introduction of LED lights to the lineup. A first for the 4Runner lineup, all grades will now have LED headlamps as standard equipment. Limited, Nightshade and TRD Pro grades will also receive LED high beams. All grades will also have LED fog lights as standard equipment, with TRD Pro maintaining its current LED fog lamps in 2021.
Trail Special Editions: Carry In, Carry Out in Style
Toyota truck buyers love the great outdoors, and in fact, Toyota trucks sit at the top of their segments for owners who participate in outdoor activities like camping, fishing, and hiking. Toyota introduced the 2021 Tacoma, Tundra, and 4Runner Trail Special Editions at the Chicago Auto Show earlier this year, with an emphasis on extra storage, convenience, unique styling and exclusive content added for good measure.
Available starting fall of this year, all three 2021 Toyota Trails are based on the SR5 grade models to deliver high value, and they offer a part-time 4WD system as standard. The Tacoma Trail is built on the Double Cab Short Bed and the Tundra Trail is built off the SR5 Plus Crew Max (front bucket seats with power lumbar and an 8-way power adjustable driver seat, front centre console, tilt/telescoping steering wheel and an anti-theft system with alarm and engine immobilizer).
Available Trail colour choices include Army Green and Cement Grey, and feature black exterior badging, black seating and a unique tan accent stitch. In all versions, standard all-weather floor liners help catch the outdoor elements that come in on occupants’ feet. From there, each Trail model has its own unique set of upgrades:
- The 2021 Tacoma Trail features a set of Dark Grey 16-inch TRD Off-Road wheels with Kevlar All-Terrain tires, and the grille from the Tacoma Limited adds a custom touch. A 115-volt power outlet in the bed adds versatility, and lockable bed storage includes insulation on the driver side.
- The Tundra Trail wears the bold chrome grille from the top-of-line Tundra 1794 Edition with colour-keyed surround, plus special-edition wheels. As on the Tacoma Trail, lockable bed storage includes insulation on the driver side.
- The 4Runner Trail comes ready to carry campers into the woods with dark grey TRD Off-Road wheels, and a Yakima LoadWarrior rooftop cargo basket for added utility and gear-hauling capability. Inside, 4Runner boasts a custom 38-litre cooler and a rear sliding cargo tray.
Stay tuned for pricing information coming soon.